Sherewood Lodge is a boutique venue that offers guests a vibrant, contemporary experience. We have a variety of beautiful private venues that you can choose from for your special occasion.
At Sherewood Lodge, we pride ourselves in excellent cuisine, individual attention and high levels of service. Please let us know if you have any specific requirements and we will assist as far as possible.
Please go through our menu options and select the menu that best suits your function.
|Menu Rates 2016 (quoted per person)|
|Garden Breakfast||R160.00||Cocktail Party||R275.00|
|Brunch||R210.00||Braai Buffet Menu||R275.00|
|Kitchen tea||R210.00||Spit Braai||R275.00|
|Christening Breakfast||R210.00||Buffet Menu||R295.00|
|Optional extras (quoted per person)|
|Sorbet||R15.00||Chips & Peanuts||R25.00|
|Biltong & Dry wors||R45.00||Olives||R15.00|
|Fresh fruit juice||R25.00||Jugs of fresh fruit juice (per jug)||R60.00|
|Jugs of homemade lemonade (per jug)||R35.00||Jugs of homemade syrup (per jug)||R35.00|
|Welcome drink, non-alcoholic||R20.00||Welcome drink, alcoholic||R30.00|
|Cocktails on arrival||POA||Glass of champagne||R20.00|
Please note that all prices quoted are per person.
- Waiters and barmen are charged at an additional charge.
- Our buffet menu requires a waitron for every 15 guests.
- One bar attendant will be hired for every 50 guests.
Please note that the venue hire is from 9h00 to 13h00 OR 13h00 to 17h00 OR 19h00 to 24h00.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- All standard furniture and equipment.
- Complete table setting with standard table linen, linen napkins, dinnerware, glasses and cutlery.
- Full bar facilities are available.
EXCLUDED FROM THE PACKAGE
- Welcome drink, unless stipulated.
- Extra equipment requirements.
- Additional 3rd party operators.
- No outside or private catering is permitted at Sherewood Lodge.
- Menu prices remain subject to change due to economic factors during the course of the year.
- Children under the age of 10 years will be charged 50% of the agreed adult menu price.
- Children under the age of 2 years will not be charged.
- Catering for 3rd party operators (DJ, Photographer, Makeup artist etc) will be charged at the normal Adult rate. If not arranged, the amount will be reflected on the final invoice and will be subtracted from the deposit.
- Should the actual number of guests exceed the number confirmed on your request, you will be charged the normal Adult cost per extra guest.
- Halaal and Kosher meals are available on request. A surcharge will be charged accordingly.
- Other special dietary requirements are also available on request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The usage of the projector and screen will only be operated by Sherewood Lodge.
- Evening functions closes at 24h00, extension may be made prior arrangement and is charged at R1 660 per hour as well as R66 per waiter/bartender per hour for the waiters and barmen. The bar will close at 23h00; extensions may be made prior arrangement. A fee of R840 per hour will be charged.
- The use of the venue before or after the stipulated times will be charged accordingly.
- Bar attendants are compulsory for Alcoholic as well as Non-alcoholic functions.
- No paper confetti or any other foreign materials are permitted at Sherewood Lodge. You are welcome to use fresh flower petals, bubbles or potpourri.
- Sherewood Lodge is within a residential area and therefore, no loud noises or music after 23h00 will be allowed.
- The hall doors will be closed from 22h00 to avoid noise from travelling to neighbouring properties.
- All supplier and 3rd party details must be made known to Sherewood Lodge no later than 4 weeks prior to the function.
- No fireworks are allowed at Sherewood Lodge.
- Candles may not be placed directly on linen. Candle holders must be wide enough to ensure no wax on the linen. Sherewood Lodge reserves the right to remove the candles if necessary. Damages will be charged accordingly.
- Bar services are charged at an additional cost.
- All beverage requirements should be arranged 4 weeks prior to the function date.
- Any changes to these requirements at any stage are to be done so in writing.
- Bar requirements should make provisions for a Full bar or Wine and Malt, Cash or Account. Specific beverages can be included or excluded from the bar.
- A limit may be stipulated by Sherewood Lodge for an account bar.
- The total balance of the bar account must be settled on the day of the function as well as any damages, costs or overtime costs.
- Full bar facilities are available on request during function hours.
- The bar is fully licenced and all beverages must be purchased from Sherewood Lodge. Should you wish to provide your own wine, a corkage fee of R70 per bottle will be charged.
- No wines, spirits, beer or soft drinks may be brought onto the premises.
CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT POLICY
- Provisional bookings can be made by telephone, fax or email. These bookings will be held for a maximum 14 days. Any bookings not confirmed in writing within 14 days may be realised without notice.
- Bookings will only be considered secured upon receipt of the refundable deposit of R3 000. The deposit will be refunded within 21 days after the function date. By paying the deposit, you indicated your acceptance of the terms and conditions of Sherewood Lodge.
- Should Sherwood Lodge not receive the deposit within the specified period, Sherewood Lodge shall be entitled to cancel the booking.
- By signing the quotation OR by paying the deposit, you indicate that you accept the terms and conditions.
- 50% of the full quotation/invoice amount must be paid 2 months prior to the function date.
- 100% of the full quotation/invoice amount must be paid 1 month prior to the function date.
- Final numbers and requirements:
- Notification of the exact numbers and specific menu requirements must be provided in writing as early as possible, but and no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the event.
- Any reduction in numbers received within the 4 weeks prior to the start of the event cannot be accepted, and non-arrivals will be charged as quoted.
- Any additions to the confirmed numbers will be charged pro-rata.
- The final invoice will be based on the numbers submitted, or on the actual numbers attending, whichever is the higher figure.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing.
- Any function cancellation or modification made more than 3 months prior to the function date will be subject to a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount.
- Any function cancellation made within 4 months of the function date will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee of the total charges.
- Any function cancellation made within 2 months of the date of the function will be subject to a 75% cancellation fee of the total function charges.
- Any function cancellation made within 1 month of the date of the function will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee equal to the total function charges.
- Cancellation charges will be determined from the date that written confirmation is received and will be payable upon submission of a final invoice. Total estimated charges will be based on the confirmed booking numbers and all pre-booked facilities.
- Sherewood Lodge reserves the right to cancel a booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, shortage of labour, strikes, industrial unrest or any other cause beyond the control of Sherewood Lode which shall prevent it from performing its obligations. In these circumstances, Sherewood Lodge will make every effort to find an alternative venue.
- Postponement of a function is considered a cancellation and the same rules will apply.
FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT
- Audio equipment may not me set up outdoors. Please arrange with the DJ.
- DJ’s must have a music licence.
- The venue has been fitted with a sound monitor to ensure that an acceptable level of sound is maintained during the function.
- Please ensure that all equipment requirements are requested well in advance of the function. Any additional items should be supplied or hired by the client at the client’s cost.
- We are obliged to enforce the law that prohibits smoking in public areas. Please assist us and co-operate by adhering to the non-smoking policy.
- Rooms and all function venues/rooms are non-smoking.
- No smoking is allowed in the hall, near the tables in the garden or in the guest rooms.
- Ashtrays are provided outdoors in the designated area. Please inform your guests about the smoking area.
- Sherewood Lodge will take every precaution to safeguard your belongings, but if will not be liable for loss or damage to any property whatsoever.
- Sherewood Lodge and its employees or any person employed at the function will not be held responsible for any loss or injury to any persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever.
- Sherewood Lodge shall not be held liable for any interruptions of services – water, electricity or sanitary services.
- All decorations must be removed by the end of the function or at least within 12 hours after the function. Sherewood Lodge will have the right to remove any such decorations that have not been removed within the said period and does not accept any liability for loss or damage of any item during this period.
- Should Sherwood Lodge suffer any damages in terms of the hall, surroundings, décor or linen during the setup, the course of the function or breakup operations, the client shall be held responsible and will be charged accordingly.
- The client shall not be entitled to paint, affix or attached any matter to the walls of the function room. Nor shall he/she be entitled to drive screws or nails into the walls, floor, partitions or doors of the function room.
WE WOULD LOVE TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU AT SHEREWOOD LODGE